Saturday, September 5, 2015

A day at The Grove

On Saturday my mind was set on find some dirt jumps. I've missed the feeling of floating in the air for a fraction of a second, adrenaline pumping, hoping you'll land safely on the other side. A bit of research and I was in the car headed to the North Shore hunting for The Grove.

Walking through the trees into the council built bike park I was grinning like a kid on Christmas day. They were beautiful! I was in a state of bliss. I couldn't wait to try them.

Reality set in while I scoped the park on my first lap. The council may have built these, but they sure haven't maintained them! None of the lips or landings were groomed. There were ruts and troughs throughout the run where rain had eroded away the soil. Each take off and landing had many of the foundation stones sticking out and all the berms were falling apart.

I still managed 3 hours of riding, attacking 2 of the expert line jumps getting my groove back. I'll be back in a few weeks with my shovel, push broom and watering can in hand, ready to rebuild and ride. So it's time to say farewell to winter and snowboarding for now; you will be missed! Hello Summer! Your dirt jumps look so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment